Zidan Benevolence International work strengthens the performance and interconnectedness four of the six health system building blocks identified by the World Health Organization that is service delivery, health workforce and strategic information (, commodities, health financing(to a small extent if not funded), and leadership and governance). We provide high-quality technical assistance that focuses on district priorities and maximizes the effectiveness of a district’s resources.
Zidan Benevolence International health systems strengthening work emphasizes a systematic, evidence-based approach designed to bring about significant improvement in:
- Patient and population health outcomes, particularly among the poor
- Efficiency and effectiveness of systems and processes of care
- Social responsiveness and accountability
- Through continuous quality improvement and innovation and close, supportive relationships with the district’s Health Department, we help in building institutional, programmatic, and financial capacities for a high-performing health sector that adapts to changing situations.
We also design context-specific health communication and behavior change strategies to bolster our systems strengthening work at the individual, family, and community levels. Supporting our health systems strengthening approach, we use evidence-based approaches to improve health worker performance and engagement and employ our global One Health strategy to expand interdisciplinary collaboration for all aspects of health care. One growing area for capacity building is mobile technology. Zidan Community Based Organization is applying mobile Health technology to strengthen service delivery and supervision systems—enabling real-time communication among health care providers, tools for decision-support, and streamlined referrals and recordkeeping. Social and Behavior Change
- Interpersonal Communication
- Community Mobilization
- Mass Media Social and behavior change can improve health outcomes by changing the attitudes, perceptions, and practices around health and nutrition decision-making.
Zidan Benevolence International uses Social and Behavior Change to enable individuals, families, and communities to increase control over and improve their health. We use the best evidence to guide our interventions, which strengthen community and clinical systems, increase demand for health and related services, and enable sustained individual, family, and community behavior change.